It looks like the offensive police have been out in force.
Deadman has pointed out an article where a Gold Coast teenager had been charged with offensive behaviour for wearing a 'Jesus is a cunt' t-shirt.
Click here to see the News story.
"The Reverend Matt Cunt [sic] of the Helensvale Baptist Church said it was sad people spoke about the Lord in such a way. "
Alright, so this guy finds it sad, and the police think it is criminal to be offensive.
Let's turn this around in an appropriate manner. I want all religious people to be charged for making false and misleading science, for pursuing their own happiness in an intrusive fashion (whereby it limits my freedom), denying the use of contraception in Africa where millions are dying of AIDS each year, their offensive anti-abortion protests to which I don't agree (hey, I find it offensive...), their psychological abuse of children, their physical abuse of children, their destruction of human innovation, their coercive abuse of the law, and the discrimination of minority groups.
Which is more offensive? Are lies not a crime far worse? These religious people are the ones that are offensive. They are the ones that should be muzzled. The truth is always more palatable than lies no matter how coarse...
Ok, I'm not so naive as to contradict myself. I know I'm offensive and I know they are offensive, but I'm not going to be silencing thoughts or opinions because they don't agree with me. Right or wrong, the truth will shine through.
Todays music
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment